MEDizzy
MEDizzy
Gh Gh
Gh Ghover 3 years ago

Hello A woman suffers from type 2 diabetes Her fasting sugar ranges from 140 to 210 Her RBS between 180 and 320 Its HbA1c is about 9.2% The treatment to take is insulin injection 18 unit Metformin 500mg Sitagliptin 100mg She has history with stroke and high blood pressure The question is whether metaformin can be used with sitaglibtin What are the ways to reduce sugar Please answer

Top rated comment
over 3 years ago

Yes, you can use ... Basically i want to say that what is condition of kidneys of this women Because sitagliptin is not suitable for women having diabetic nephropathy (may be initial stage) Because sitagliptin metabolizes in kidney.... So after checking kidney function test if you find something abnormal than change sitagliptin with linagliptin (Linagliptin metabolizes in liver that's why)

Other commentsSign in to post comments. You don't have an account? Sign up now!
over 3 years ago

I think yes cz sitamet medicine contains boyh of these..

over 3 years ago

Combinations effective

over 3 years ago

Reduce sugar by diet and some form of insulin or oral medications. She's a risk of other problems if she doesn't get it u set control. Obviously meds not working if fasting bs is 140 to 210 first check what she eats

over 3 years ago

The answers to this persons health are well beyond my knowing/current bookshelf. However.. I was mesmerized this year by an indigenous man sharing on cbc radio that he eliminated his diabetes via diet and nutrition. Wishing you the best in finding a tangible solution.

Recent MCQs

Show more MCQs

Recent flashcard sets

Show more flashcards