MEDizzy
MEDizzy
Sara
Saraover 4 years ago

Hello! I want to know something.. And sorry my english, it's not my native language. Smokers lungs are black. When I quit smoking, do my lungs stay black forever or do my lungs color change pink and healthy again? This is my 5th day without cigarettes and this thing comes to my mind πŸ€” I use varenicline and this is so easy. Hope THIS time I manage 😊

Top rated comment
over 4 years ago

Hello Sara, From my knowledge from Anti-tubacco Counseling lectures, First of all let me appreciate your decision to quit smoking. Coming to your question about the discoloration of the lung due to deposition of carbon particles via smoking- U see the Macrophages in the lung phagocytose these carbon particles & they are not able to destroy it . So ,these particles gets deposited in the lung giving it the black colour. This doesn't change wheather u stop smoking or not. But, let me also remind u that , the lungs of the nonsmokers are also slightly blackish due to the inhalation of normal air which may contain less amount of carbon particles accumulated over time. So, once it's damaged ,it's permanent. But, there's a good news for u that, if you stop smoking at your thirties or forties, gradually over many years after, you will benefit the decreased chance of u getting complications of smoking like heart attack,stroke , etc .The studies had proved that Ur chance of getting those will be reduced,infact it would be nearer to those of a non-smoker . The moral of this comment is that- U will surely benefit from Ur decision to stop smoking , so continue the good work . And , incase if u feel that u need help , be free to comment about Ur doubts .I'm sure that, there are a lot of people here who can give u the confidence to choose the right decision . All the best yaar . I hope that my words will help u to ease your uneasiness .Thank u😊

over 4 years ago

Thanks for your comprehensive answer! 😊 Fortunately It's not so big deal if my lungs are black, most important is my healthy. I fear copd and lung cancer. Hope it's not too late to quit. I'm 32 yo. Now 6 days without cigarettes and I feel very good!

Other commentsSign in to post comments. You don't have an account? Sign up now!
over 4 years ago

U wont get change within days buddy! Stay strong!

over 4 years ago

The color doesn’t change back to what it was before..but you’ll largely reduce your risk of getting asthma,COPD,all types of lung,oral,bladder,pancreatic cancer,and also risk of getting atherosclerosis and MI and strokes..You have made a great decision! Keep it up ma’am

over 4 years ago

Hi , How's it going Sara.☺️

over 4 years ago

Thank you very much! Greetings from snowing Finland. Before when it is freeze -30Β°C it was difficult to breath, now it not matter how cold it is!

over 4 years ago

Yup . Kudos to your Will power , dear friend. Great job☺️

over 4 years ago

The colour isn't going to change to what your original lungs were like but you certainly are safe from many risks of different illnesses. But, good job! It's not very easy to quit smoking so I love your willpower!! Keep it up😊😊😊

over 4 years ago

Hah my english is not correct πŸ˜ƒ I undestand perfectly what I read but it's difficult write correct. But if reader understand what I mean, good πŸ‘πŸΌ

over 4 years ago

My son just said to me "Mom you can stay longer in sauna than me" and I wonder is it so because I quit smoking. he could be longer in sauna before πŸ˜€

over 4 years ago

Why do you worry about the thing which you can't see. Make sure it's functioning well. Try cannabis when you feel smoking cigarettes

over 4 years ago

I don't worry, I was just thinking about it 😊 I'm interested many things. I can think "stupid" questions and things without good reasons. I just wanna know.

over 4 years ago

Here is the additional information than other comments, When you stop smoking, After 20 min- Blood pressure and heart rate drop, After 12 hrs- Carbonmonoxide levels normalize, After 2-12 weeks- circulate and lung function improve.

about 4 years ago

Thanks! 😊 Now over five months without smoking!

Recent MCQs

β€Œ
β€Œ

β€Œ
β€Œ

β€Œ
β€Œ

β€Œ
β€Œ

β€Œ
β€Œ
Show more MCQs