MEDizzy
MEDizzy
Dreezy Jones
Dreezy Jonesabout 5 years ago

I’m a nursing student and I just started my first semester in nursing school, I already feel like quitting and just go get my LPN license then come back to nursing school because I feel like as an LPN who get more experience. Any advice please🥰

Top rated comment
about 5 years ago

Don’t give up. I felt the same way not too long ago. Hang in there it will be well worth it. It is hard right now because you are learning and not exposed to hospital/medical setting that comes with time to feel confident and comfortable in the ambience. Keep in mind nursing or medical school is not easy. We have peoples life’s in our hands. In addition I found this too. Am not sure in your area of residence but where I work and live hospitals are not hiring LPNs it’s either CNA’s or RNs Other places where an LPN will be tasked with providing basic medical care to patients. They may be asked to check blood pressure, insert catheters, and bathe patients among other things. They will also report the status of patients to doctors and RNs. RNs on the other hand, administer medication and treatment to patients, coordinate plans for patient care, perform diagnostic tests and analyze results, instruct patients on how to manage illnesses after treatment, and oversee other workers such as LPNs, nursing aides, and home care aides. Basically, RNs are usually tasked with taking on more duties, but they are also compensated for this increase in workload.

about 5 years ago

Totally agree

Other commentsSign in to post comments. You don't have an account? Sign up now!
about 5 years ago

I agree with what has been said above. Try and keep pushing through, if possible. You’re only 1 semester into the program. You will continue to grow and gain experience as you go along!

Recent MCQs

Show more MCQs

Recent flashcard sets

Show more flashcards