MEDizzy
MEDizzy
CP
Coralie Paquettealmost 6 years ago

Hello everyone! I’m only 14 but I am very interest in becoming a surgeon and I would like to lean some basics. Do you have any website, books or just comment if you want a way for me to start learn all of this magic! Also, if you have any exercise to make at home to start practice with my hand, tell me! Thank you all!

Top rated comment
almost 6 years ago

I’m 14 too and I would say: make flashcards for study it helps a lot. Try to practice on bananas with suturing kit, read a lot on the subject to be sure and maybe find your specialty your interested in. Work VERY HARD, you have to make your study guides very quick (but great too) and study is your job now, this is your priority before everything else if you want to go into medicine. I was asking myself too... are you French? :) because Coralie Paquette seems very French ;)

almost 5 years ago

Hey I’m fourteen too and for sure with the flashcards but I found that doing sutures on a banana is only helpful if extremely under ripe. Also learn as many sutures now make it a second nature or yourself

almost 6 years ago

Parfait!

Other commentsSign in to post comments. You don't have an account? Sign up now!
almost 6 years ago

Doctor najeeb

almost 6 years ago

Thank you!

almost 6 years ago

I'm 13 and the exact same. You can learn a lot just by scrolling through the app,but if you want to practice sutures for fun or for steady hand training you can get kits online with all of the material .

almost 6 years ago

No i don't.they should have good ones on amazon

almost 6 years ago

Nice! Do you have a special one to recomand? (Kit)

almost 6 years ago

i’m 15 and the exact same! i’ve tried to stitch a banana with help of a suture kit, you could try that out!

almost 6 years ago

Good idea! Cant wait to try that soon!

almost 6 years ago

I’m 17 now but i started the medical field at 13! I would recommend anatomy and physiology books to learn medical terminology and the systems of the body in depth and diseases and treatments and a lot more. Also if your school offers medical field programs take them ( my school is a medical academy so I take trips to hospitals and work with doctors and view surgeries. i also got an internship at Johns Hopkins so if your local research school offers summer programs take them ), if not , volunteers at your local hospitals until you are eligible to get a job as a transporter or something close to the field you want to proceed.

almost 6 years ago

Thanks! I will look for volunteer, it’s a nice idea! Do you have a favourite book that help you more?

almost 6 years ago

Also to make the learning of the body and it’s function more fun and memorable I would recommend you to buy anatomy and physiology coloring books. Amazon has a lot of great anatomy books and also used ones can be found at your local thrift store

almost 6 years ago

Make flashcards of medical worlds with the prefix , suffix and combining form from quizlet just look up a certain system and it’s vocab and all of the words will come out

almost 5 years ago

That totally is one of the most great ways to help

almost 6 years ago

If you want inspiration to become a surgeon, watching surgical procedures on youtube should do it. If you want to start your quest to become a surgeon now, get good at the required lessons to enter medical school :)

almost 6 years ago

You all are amazinggggg....best of luck young doctors😍

almost 6 years ago

So sweet thanks!;)

almost 6 years ago

I am 19 in a course here in India called bachelor in medicine and bachelor in surgery (MBBS) . So basically I will get both of my degrees together in 5 and half year course. I didn't know about your country that how you get to a med school but if you decided to go for surgery right now just complete your school with excellent score don't do anything different . do everything step by step . enter your med school then start studying extra coz here in med school u never know what's coming.. we don't have a particular syllabus for particular subject so the more you learn to more you earn here . Right now just do what you have at it's best. for extra knowledge about you can study cases in this application. don't burden yourself with more books. just breathe and do what you do. Good luck

almost 6 years ago

one more thing if you want to be a surgeon , you should have a good hand eye coordination .. it's very important for surgeons apart for anatomy knowledge.... you should play different games to improve that... I used to play piano tiles on my cell phone for fun and to improve my coordination.. you can try if you want.

almost 6 years ago

Ok thanks for the help!

Recent MCQs

Show more MCQs

Recent flashcard sets

Show more flashcards