MEDizzy
MEDizzy
Lennon McKenzie
Lennon McKenzieabout 4 years ago

Hello, I am a GCSE student (Year 9), I wish to study Medicine at Oxford University and become a cardiologist, neurologist, paediatric cardiologist and paediatric neurologist, can anybody recommend some good books for me to read and give me some advice. This would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Yours Sincerely, Lennon McKenzie.

Other commentsSign in to post comments. You don't have an account? Sign up now!
about 4 years ago

I don’t know much about colleges in England, though in the United States generally speaking we choose one major to focus our study’s on and a minor (usually pre-med or biology) though you can virtually major in anything as long as you still have your prerequisites. Though medical school will allow you to explore all the diverse areas of medicine, which you’ll be matched to the field of medicine that fits you best. Some advice for studying and or anything -Job shadows (job shadow a cardiologist or neurologist) - Read about medical terminology and anatomy and physiology to start out with (don’t cram yourself with a bunch of information, start out small and go from there :)) - Apps like this are amazing at seeing the medical industry and looking at anatomy and physiology. - You still have a lot of time to decide so try and explore all the areas of medicine, I wanted to be a registered nurse my sophomore year (year 10) though changed it my junior year (year 11) to medical laboratory sciences. I wish you the best of luck in your studies!

about 4 years ago

Books: -Medical Medium -Anthony Williams -Being Mortal -Atul Gawande -In Stitches -Nick Edwards -A Whistle In The Wind- Peter Duffy -Blood and Guts -Roy Porter. Advice: lots of work experience and volunteering.

Recent MCQs

Show more MCQs

Recent flashcard sets

Show more flashcards